Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me



Today is my birthday. As Tennessee Ernie Ford said "Another day older and deeper in debt."

If you've followed my blog, you've seen me talk about taking a training class this year. As a birthday gift to myself, I am taking one of Range Time Tactical's courses up in Indiana. If you've never heard of RTT, in addition to their training company, they run a very popular YouTube channel Range Time TS (previously Cory07ink). You can find their channel HERE When I first got into the firearm hobby, I stumbled across several YouTube channels offering gear reviews, tech tips, tactics etc., one of which was RTT. So I have been watching these guys (and gal) for over a year now.

I've been asked a lot, why drive all the way from Florida to Indiana when training can be had a lot closer. My response is always the same: I learned so much from them over the last year just from watching their YouTube channel, imagine what I'll learn actually taking a class from them.

My Defensive Handgun 01 class is this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Due to the distance from my city it's a full days drive there and another to return. Luckily I have a friend coming with me, so it will make the class more enjoyable and the drive more bearable. In addition to time, gas, hotels, etc., the class also requires some extra gear and a fair bit of ammo. I terms of guns and gear I'll be using:
  • My everyday carry S&W M&P9c with XS Big Dot sights and Talon grips
  • My everyday holster Crossbreed Supertuck w/ combat cut option
  • Double mag holster courtesy of DeLaRosa Tactical
  • A total of 4 magazines: 2 fullsize 17rd, 2 compact 12rd
  • 1000rds of 124gr 9mm from Freedommunitions
  • Hearing protection is Howard Leight Impact Sport electronic ear muffs.
  • Eye protection are Serfas glasses with interchangeable lenses
In addition to this, I will also be bringing my Beretta 92 and holster as a backup in the event my S&W or my buddy's Sig fails (not that I think they will). I will be bringing along my camera and GoPro to hopefully get some good video and pictures from the class. If you have any questions about this class, please feel free to ask me or of course contact RTT. Above is a video that RTT has on YouTube about the class I am taking. I will also post links to all the companies I listed above. Thanks, and as always, Keep Calm and Carry On!


https://rangetimets.com/
http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/
http://delarosatacticalholsters.com/
http://www.freedommunitions.com
http://www.howardleight.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment